Sunday, July 28, 2013

Pioneer Weekend

Pioneer Day turned into a 5 day weekend.
So besides the usual laundry, vacuuming, and fixing our overheating van we were managed to squeeze in some fun family time.

*Drive in to see the movie Turbo

* Family bike ride

*Hike to Donut Falls. Beautiful!

* Temple Square Trip

 visiting the church history museum where they have the 100 years of Boy Scouts exhibit. Really fun and maybe more since I'm a scout assistant leader. :-)
 Plus the museum is displaying orginial Norman Rockwell paintings. I'm not a really fan of his but to say that I've seen one up close and personal is pretty cool. But I couldn't get too close since Mike informed me that there's lasers that measure even dust so that I needed to stay a safe distance away. Not a problem ;-)


* Waterfall hike. 

 It was so nice to end our holiday with a nice family activity.

 



 Hailey going into the waterfall. Brave girl!


 I got a picture of him. I knew I could do it! :-)


 Mike's curiosity lead him to go into the waterfall. Ouch!


 Random fun moment: "Help water's in my shoe", says Ducati.

 "Look babe I made a pool", says Mike.
 But it turns out he was on his knees. I laughed so hard when I seen Lily start walking on his pool. Busted!
It was so much fun to be able to spend so much time together. Our holiday might have started off on a low note but we ended on a high note. :-)

No comments: