Sunday, March 8, 2015

He's 13 years old


I was 17 years old when I was pregnant with Mason. I turned 18 only 6 weeks later. I was living in a new state (not Utah), no family around, only me and my then-husband, who was in the Navy. 

I was so freaking scaried but so,so,so,so,so excited to meet him. And when I laid eyes on Mason I forgot every fear and knew he was here for me.

Being a teen mom wasn't easy.... but then again being a mom at any age isn't easy.... but it was odd to have a baby under my care when I was barely seen as an adult. So we grew together. We learned about each other. We counted on each other. Maybe a little more than other mother-son relationships.


Mason is such an amazing person. He's conquered each hurdle that autism threw at him. He's adjusted to having 2 families. He's such a horrible comedian but that never stops him from telling anyone a joke. He's a movie junky just like all of us.  He's a Lego-loving, Rainbow Dash fan, chocolate manic!


Mason's an amazing brother. Mason with Hailey back in the day being gentle and soft.

Now he's here with Lily and Cati squeezing them until they fart! Oh how times have changed.

He's received the Aaronic Priesthood. He's an apprentice painter/carpenter thanks to Mike taking him on handyman jobs. He's my best friend. He's been in my life for 13 years now and I am thankful for each day.

Mason and Me! He's still my boy and I absolutely love that!
He's 13!