Monday, May 4, 2015

Missionaries

One of the many things I love about my job is being able to look at art work all day. This piece really struck a cord in my heart and spirit. 
2 elder missionaries. Walking on a dirt road; only sure that they are going where the Lord wants them to go. This walk might of seemed bleak or wasteful almost. Like what could they possibly encounter at the end of this dirt road. But because of their faith they took that walk. 

This piece fills my heart with gratitude and love. 

 If it weren't for the two elder missionaries who approached me in a Target parking lot my life would be on a very different road. They took my name and phone number and since I lived in a different area they had to passed my info along to missionaries in my neighborhood. So they never heard from me again. 

 They don't know that because they took that bleak walk only sure that God wanted them to talk to me that they changed my life. I'm thankful they were being obedient in their guidance from God . I pray that they know I was baptized a few months later. Sealed in the Salt Lake Temple to my eternal companion. Witnessed two of my children make the choice to join The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Have my children sealed to me. Witnessed miracles. 

They asked me in that parking lot over 8 years ago if I was happy. At the time I said no. But today, Yes Elders I am very happy. Thank you. 

No comments: