Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Manti Pageant

This summer we went to the Mormon Miracle Pageant. But everyone in Utah just calls it the Manti Pageant since it's in Manti. This is my first year attending. I've lived in Utah half my life and never went to this event. So I'm very thankful that Mike helped someone who then paid him for his assistance since this was the exact amount we needed to pay for the gas to get to Manti.

We stopped off at Walmart to pick up some snacks and drinks while we waited for the show to start.

Me and my sweet lilybear. I see so much of Mike in her but moments like this I see my cheeks and how our eyes crinkle when we smile.
 While we waited for the show I felt the spirit to much that my heart was already filled by the time the show started.

Lily and Ducati made lots of friends. They talked to everyone that came close to us and wanted to know their role in the show, how they learned their part, how many times a certain family attended, etc.

Our girls talked to the missionaries who gave them pictures of Jesus. They were so excited!
Mike and I laughed that one of the big stigma's on homeschoolers is that they are socially awkward. I'm not even sure what that means since most kids we see are on their phones/texting while our kids are off talking to people. Maybe that's the awkward part. :) 

Anyways while watching the show about Joseph Smith and the story of the Book of Mormon I teared up a lot. I was amazed at how hard everyone worked to make this pageant amazing to all people.

A special moment to me was there was a woman who was driving on her way back to Louisiana and see an amazing building from the freeway. So she just had to come see it. She had no idea what was happening or what the Book of Mormon is or that the building she seen is the Manti Temple. She just wanted a picture of this beautiful building so I gladly took her picture in front of the temple and told her to look it up on-line. Manti Temple on LDS.org.

This is a horrible picture. My cellphone doesn't do well with night pictures but I wanted to remember this moment so I'll take a bad picture over no picture any day.