Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hailey's Testimony

Every Sunday is Fasting Testimony meeting at church. A day I really don't look forward too in all honestly. People saying the same thing over and over again.
Joseph Smith is true.
Book of Mormon is true.
There's a living prophet on the earth.
And sometimes a different person will change things up.

But today's meeting Hailey stood up and shared her testimony with everyone.

At the very end of the meeting she wanted to go up the the pulpit but wanted either Mike or I to go with her. I didn't want to go. Too many eyes looking at me that I would blush without saying a word. So Mike went with her. He sat next to her while she spoke her words
" I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know Jesus Christ is real. I know there is a prophet. I know we can live in heaven again."
When she sat down I asked her why she wanted to go up there. She said she felt she had too. 

Everyone is our ward thanked her for sharing. She was shy and a little embarrassed since she didn't know that people would come up to her afterwards. 

I was so happy that she got up. She's building her faith which means she's building her own testimony about this church. For years now she's had people telling her a whole bundle of junk that this faith is garbage. Which only fueled her desire to learn more and want to know why people hate Mormons so much. In her words, "We can all honor God in our own way. So don't hate me when I don't hate you."

Wise words from my 10 year old. 
So due to her and Mason's exposure to the opposite LDS life Mike and I do our best to show and display Christian traits. And I'm so thankful that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have helped us fill in those gaps and holes where we've messed up. Because of their help our children have built their own stead fast testimonies and are walking the harder road. 

So I guess she Hailey said she had to get up perhaps parts of that yearning was because I needed to repent of my bad attitude, love each person's testimony, be gentle with myself, be reassured that we all (Mike, me, and God) are making sure kids are on the right path, and to share my testimony with people more. For sometimes it's not for me but them. 

No comments: